Skip to content
- Test automatic garage door openers and adjust to reverse in the event of an emergency.
- Change or clean air filters. On forced-air systems the filter should be changed every month. Electronic filters should be checked and cleaned as needed. Be sure the filters are replaced in the correct orientation after cleaning.
- Cut back trees and shrubs from the house walls, roof and air conditioning system as needed.
- Clean dryer line and wash the lint screen.
- Test fire extinguisher pressure gauges.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and security alarms.
- Clean appliances.