Skip to content
- Remove large icicles from the gutters.
- Monitor snow build-up on the roof. Excessive snow pack can cause roof damage.
- Keep sidewalks and driveways clear of snow and ice. Using salt or sand can prevent water from freezing in small cracks and cause bigger cracks.
- Clean garbage disposal blades by grinding up some small ice cubes.
- Clean ovens and ranges (as needed).
- Check the circuits in your electrical system by turning them off and then back on.
- Check for drips and other leaks from plumbing fixtures by inspecting areas around and below all faucets and fixtures.